Monday, January 23, 2017

Once again, a tax return does not tell you how much a person is worth

I saw a peabrain named John Thomas on CNN last night. I know, I know. I was watching the fake news channel. Thomas was asked if he thought President Trump would release his tax return. Thomas said he didn't think so, and added there may be something Trump is trying to hide, such as maybe he's not worth as much as he says he is.

???

This burns my gears whenever I hear this. Once again, a tax return will not tell you what a person is worth. I have an accounting degree and have worked as a tax accountant. Please tell me the form and line that tells what a person is worth. 

A tax return tells you how much money a person made or lost in a given year, and where the income came from. And you can be pretty damn certain Trump's return is extremely complicated. I shiver to think how a typical reporter, who is required to have no education, would try to tell us what Trump's return says. I would only trust a highly competent tax attorney to tell me what the President's return says.

Of course the fake news dishonest media won't tell you that. These people are so ignorant they think a tax return reveals how much a person is worth.

Exposing tax returns is not a requirement for running for President, but filing financial disclosures is. Trump has filed his financial disclosures as required by law, and that is where you can get an idea what he is worth. Having worked several years in the media, I am certain the typical reporter or talking head would have no clue how to correctly interpret those forms.

Of course the media has no problem reporting fake news...

No comments:

Post a Comment