Saturday, August 12, 2017

My brief history with Charlottesville

It’s sad to see all the hate in Charlottesville. The radio business took me there many years ago. What a beautiful town!

The manager of a radio station there wanted to fire his chief engineer and hire me. I had to lie my way past the receptionist so nobody knew why I was there. There was also an assistant engineer. Such nice people there! I would also be responsible for engineering the radio broadcasts for the U. of Virginia sports. The basketball team that year opened the season at the Great Alaska Shootout, so hell yeah I was interested.

Everything went very well, and the job was mine if I wanted it. Except for one little detail. The manager was not authorized to fire their engineer, and the answer from above was NO. Oh well.

Anyway, they’re sometimes showing a parking deck on TV today. The radio station was located on the ground level of that structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment