Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Flippant Stray Thoughts for Wednesday, 11/11/2015

Happy Veterans Day! Please be sure to thank any veterans you see today for their service to our country...

Their sacrifice allows low-level hacks such as myself to spout off flippant stray thoughts worldwide...

-0-

This is the first Flippant column on the new page. Probably won't keep a schedule here either...

Here comes the Progressives

The train wreck known as Megan Barry is already rolling out her progressive agenda. First she created new six-figure salaried positions so we can have more over-paid bureaucrats. Now Metro won't be asking job candidates if they have a criminal record...

So we're going to have Metro employees working with our children without knowing whether or not they have a criminal background?

We better not ask them if they have any experience or training either, because that might be unfaaaaiiiirrr. Or perhaps raaaaaaacist...

-0-

Why do I think the Franklin Kia guy thought of his advertising campaign all by himself?

If he's trying to be like the 399 Sofa characters, he's missing the mark. By a lot...
The sofa guys
-0-

Smoking and oxygen tanks do not mix well...

Standard time sucks...

I told you the Titans were more than a quarterback away from the playoffs...

-0-

I'm starting to educate Metro Council members on what happens when the minimum wage is raised. Glad to report my councilman, Robert Swope, is on board. Swope wrote back...
 "When I learned my craft, I worked for FREE. not $5 an hour, and definitely not $15 an hour. I suspect that if this world goes the way in which you have revealed…… everyone will be a millionaire… and NOTHING will ever be accomplished again.
"Not my definition of reality."
I had a job in high school unloading trucks and washing tanks. Not very exciting, but I worked for a wonderful man and I liked it. I started at minimum wage, but received several raises during my two years there. So I don't want to hear any crap from someone working at Wendy's for eight years and is still making minimum wage...

If that's you, that is on you. Try showing up on time and not leaving early. Be courteous to customers and co-workers. Do your job. Let them know if you're not going to be able to come in. Don't show up at work drunk or stoned. Bathe. If that doesn't get you anything, get another job. You're working for an a-hole...

But don't go around whining that you deserve $15/hr. No you don't. You haven't earned it. You don't have any job skills beyond living and breathing. Besides, you're being manipulated by union hacks who are only interested in stealing part of your hard-earned pay so they can pass it off to union fat-cat bosses whom they'll never meet..

With that, I must say adieu until next time. See ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment